This position reports to the Executive Director and/or Office Manager. Virginia provides comprehensive and professional secretarial services and administrative support to the Executive Director, the Chief Councillor and the Council office.
Independently and efficiently addresses a multitude of administrative, secretarial and personal assistant tasks and activities to support the day to day operations of the Executive Director and the Chief Councillor.
As the designated council recording secretary, Virginia coordinates meeting schedules, prepares agendas, records and transribes allofficial minutes and motions for Council meetings, Community Meeting and other public forums.
- responds to inquiries, phone calls, coordinates excutive and council appointments.
- supports the executive director, chief councillor and council members as required
- receiving telephone calls, messages, responding to inquiries, redirecting inquiries
- updating daily in/out schedules, appointments, correspondence, presentations, emails, mail, etc.
- receiving, prioritizing mail/emails
- maintaining filing systems
- maintain the monthly calendar for Chief & Council
- Prepare and distribute agendas and Council document packages